One way to address this is to establish statewide housing ‘ombudsman’ offices that provide more formal assistance to tenants and raise this need to a higher level of governmental commitment. The office could work through existing providers of services, including Legal Aid, that already provide this service for certain groups, but would be able to serve all householdthat may not fit into existing programs, and provide a consistent and strong voice for tenants. This office would also be able to broker mediation services.